Tuesday, January 3, 2012

spring in winter

With a new year comes a new start, and in our case, the most beautiful weather in the world. The high in Gilbert today is 73 degrees...that's right. It's absolutely gorgeous! Today is also the day I am back to work, after enjoying a glorious break for the last week and a half. My first appointment isn't until the afternoon, so we have spent the whole day outside, which I truly believe does wonders for the mind, body, and soul.

This morning we walked to a small, family owned coffee shop across the street from our neighborhood. Met up with my sister and spent some quality time while the little man made some new friends and ran his little legs off, all while sitting at a picnic table under the orange trees while sipping a hot, non-fat, white mocha...bliss.

After walking home and enjoying some lunch together, we walked to our neighborhood park (we are blessed...it's so close that it can be viewed from our front window). Made some new friends among the sand and slides, while mommy caught up on work emails. Did I mention that self-employment was the best thing that ever happened to me? ;)

Spend some time outside this week, that is, if it's not snowing...although, I suppose there's always time for sledding?

No comments:

Post a Comment