Monday, January 2, 2012

healthy time-saver

I'm really into healthy eating. I also love to cook, and have learned a lot over the years about nutrition and vegetarian cooking. This post is, by no means, about vegetarianism or healthy eating, but because of my own personal testimony related to nutrition (let's save that for another day, shall we?) I am forever connected to vegetables :)

A few months ago, I was inspired by my own mother (who had recently heard a lecture about food preparation from a nutritionist) to do some time-saving, pre-washing, and pre-chopping with my produce. I had thought about this concept before, but don't know why I never put it into affect...until now.

Here is my handy-work from yesterday:


I usually spend a short time (any where from 20-minutes to an hour, depending on how much produce I buy/consume) washing and chopping up all my fruits and veggies. I have found that this, not only saves me time when cooking, but it allows me the convenience of easy access with every single meal! I am adding veggies to almost everything now!

One of my favorites? A veggie egg-white scramble. You can put whatever you like or have on hand in it, and it always turns out delicious! It's also a good way to get a good serving of veggies in the morning, or even at lunch! Who said eggs were just for breakfast?

1 comment:

  1. That's one of our favorites! Love the egg white/veggie omelets!

    ReplyDelete