Tuesday, January 10, 2012

3rd time's a charm

Christmas is over and yet my child continues to sing "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer"....on a daily basis. Additionally, he LOVES the song "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas", which surprisingly, he knows every word to. It's really cute, but despite our best efforts, he doesn't want to accept that the holiday craziness is behind us.

On the other hand, mommy and daddy HAVE moved on, and with the Christmas tree clean-up and crazy work schedules returning, we are busy at work planning for the little guy's 3rd birthday party. The big day is February 28th, so we will be celebrating the weekend prior. We did a big party for his 1st and kept it low-key for his 2nd, but I definitely think 3 is something to celebrate; especially because he really understand the concept behind the birthday party now and knows the big day is quickly approaching.

I couldn't decide if we were going to do some extravagant theme or keep it simple with friends and family. Lincoln is totally into Cars and Toy Story, but that's so "been there done that" and I wanted to really do something fun and unique - something that all his friends, and parents alike, would enjoy; not to mention, we did a Rock Star theme for his 1st birthday and that was totally cute! So, with all my motivation - and a little lot of inspiration from pinterest - we will be doing a sweet shop theme! I'm so excited, as is Brian. He even researched a local old-school candy shop where he says we can get all the treats for the big day! I just love when the dad's get so into this stuff :)

So in the next month, I will be getting in touch with my inner craftiness (ha!) and hope to create the most darling 3rd birthday party a boy could dream of! I'll make sure to share my ideas ideas along the way (and would welcome any ideas as well!) and, of course, pictures of the "final draft" when all is said and done.

2 comments:

  1. Dude. I have a Cricut machine and an endless supply of ideas. We should get together and I can help you get decorations made! BTW, you need to change that whole "no-reply blogger" thing. I can't reply to you when I get your emails from my comments section!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that - seriously! I have so many ideas but need a LOT of help - let's plan it!
    Lol - okay, I have not idea how to change this no-reply blogger thing. I have been searching and trying to figure it out. help?

    ReplyDelete