Wednesday, January 25, 2012

7 Principals for Investing Your Life

I just love our pastor - he's just pretty amazing and it's so evident that God is using him in a mighty way!

A couple of weekends ago he preached a message and gave a list of 7 principals for investing your life. I thought it was really useful, and something that I wanted to apply. So, the idea of me re-posting this is for my benefit, although I definitely think anyone with a desire to have a personal relationship with Christ and use their gifts to glorify him would also benefit :)

Here they are:

1. Ownership: Everything I have belongs to God
2. Allocation: God has given me some talents
3. Accountability: God expects me to use those talents
4. Utilization: It is wrong to bury what God has given me
5. Motivation: Fear keeps me from using my talent(s); the three parts of fear are categorized as self-doubt, self-pity, and self-consciousness. "The fear of man is a snare"
6. Application: If I don't use it, I'll lose it
7. Realization: If I use it wisely I'll be rewarded

No comments:

Post a Comment