Saturday, July 7, 2012

change and blessings

Currently, I am sitting in the living room at 8:35am, and I am completely and utterly alone. Would you believe that both my boys are sleeping?? This is completely unheard of...well, not so much for the hubs, who's work hours begin at 5am (he would sleep all day if he could); but my son? he almost NEVER sleeps this late. I am enjoying a cup of coffee while watching the food network - instead of one of his shows :)

Well, I have already made it public, so I suppose it's time to 'announce' I am expecting. Our baby will be here December 27 and we couldn't be more excited! We are pretty certain it's a girl, but I suppose some things aren't always as they seem? We had an ultrasound at 13 weeks, which is earlier than they normally give. At that visit, we told the tech we wanted to find out the sex if they were able to see clearly this early. She was confident that the baby was a girl and told us so 3 times! So...until my next ultrasound, we are settling on a girl :) Little miss, will share a birthday month with her mommy, just like Lincoln does with his daddy, which is pretty special in my mind.

In other news, our new house should be ready in September. With a new home comes a lot of new things and we are busy weeding through our stuff deciding what to keep/sell/donate, and making lists on all the new stuff we need to get. Craziness is all I can say.

With all that said, I couldn't be more excited about everything! God is so good and through all this change and growth, his presence and guidance is so evident. We are a blessed family.

No comments:

Post a Comment